With the exception of “guest posts” written by others (see the bottom of this page), Leaping the Chasm™ ("LTC") owns the graphics (illustrations, post headers, quote memes, funny memes, video imagery, etc.) and content (website, columns, collateral, etc.) on its website and social media sites as follows:
Graphics and content are copyrighted in the company's name. LTC wants to strike the appropriate balance between getting content widely distributed while at the same time protecting LTC intellectual property rights. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
No need to obtain permission for
- Link to the LTC site or any specific post on our site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to the original post.
- Print off posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, church newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “© 2016, Leaping the Chasm™. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.leapingthechasm.com.”
- Like, mention, share, retweet, re-pin, etc. any social media post using @leapingthechasm, and #leapingthechasm and/or #areyouleaping
Obtain express written permission for
- Use the LTC graphics and content for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of LTC content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
- "Borrow" LTC original graphics for any purpose other than in association with LTC content.
Re-posting and translation rights
LTC does not permit the re-posting of our posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which site hosts the original, so we risk getting penalized for granting permission.
In addition, we don’t allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages by outside parties. LTC simply don’t have the resources to validate the quality of outside translation work. Where necessary and possible, LTC will localize its own work and post/promote accordingly.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write. The above permission guidelines do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly. LTC cannot serve as a broker, agent, or contact point.
If you have some use for LTC content that is not covered here, please contact Leaping the Chasm via the contact page on our Web site.
This Policy was last revised on: September 2016.
Copyright © 2016 Leaping the Chasm. All Rights Reserved.